The WasteShark is designed after one of nature’s most efficient harvesters of marine biomass, the Whale Shark. It is designed to swim through water and eat its prey with minimum effort and maximum efficiency.
It is designed for round-the-clock waste collection. It also scans and monitors the environment, sending data back to central command.
- Purpose: 16 hours a day waste collection; data collection & transmit
- Waste type: plastics, micro-plastics, alien vegetation (e.g. duckweed), floating debris
- Territory: trafficked water; confined space; tight angles
- Steering control: remote controller or plotted
- Thrust: 5.1 kgf (forward) and 4.1 kgf (reverse) @ 16V
- Weight: 39 kg unladen
- Dimension: 1556 mm long x 1078 mm wide x 450 mm deep
- Carrying capacity: 200 litres
- Environmental Sensors: Depth, temperature, water quality
- Data recording: Time, location and journeys