The internet is a goldmine of information but sifting through what’s useful for you as a civil engineer can take up many precious hours so we’ve done the hard work for you and collated the top five websites that you should check out and subscribe to if you haven’t already.
Interesting Engineering – It’s a leading community with more than 7 million+ minds. Their aim is to share a new idea, a new thought, an upcoming technology or an engineering breakthrough that will change the way you think about technology and engineering in today’s world and in the near future. Whether it’s a device that can charge your mobile in seconds or it’s the latest model of Boeing that has launched moments ago, Interesting Engineering will bring everything up on your screen to view, share and grant you the power to comment. Check out their latest articles here.
Engineering Feed – This site is chock-full of educational resources gallery exclusively for young civil engineers. They even have an FAQs dedicated to civil engineers. Awesome right? Their mission is to provide an e-library of good quality educational materials as collected from various eminent sources to support the learning requisites of civil engineering students throughout the world, promoting the concept of green-learning and the value of sharing knowledge. They want to offer a virtual platform to exchange, discuss and connect the knowledge contents of the latest kind for civil engineers beyond any barriers.
I am Civil Engineer – We love the site’s tagline: “bridging the gap, filling the void.” Clever yes? Their team consists of two civil engineers and two civil engineering students, one of which is a female. The site offers free downloads of books, softwares, excel sheets, presentations and tutorials. In their latest article, they share the 300+ yes 300+ civil engineering interview questions you must prepare for!
Engineering.Com – They’re a digital media publisher that brings the most influential voices in engineering to a worldwide audience of designers and engineers. The stories that they produce highlight the latest advances in technology for product innovation and manufacturing. Their mission is to deliver engaging stories that inspire engineers to push the boundaries of innovation.
Engineers Australia – Of course we’ll include an Australian one! Engineers Australia is the trusted voice of the profession. They are the largest and most diverse body of engineers in Australia. As Australia’s principal engineering association they serve and represent over 100,000 professionals at every level, across all fields of practice. They are committed to advancing engineering and the professional development of their members.
- World’s biggest single structure house 3D printed in one go - July 27, 2020
- Compulsory registration scheme for NSW professional engineers - June 29, 2020
- The Moore Shire Bituminised Road - June 22, 2020
- Bioinspired Structure with 3D Printing - June 15, 2020
- Doughnut Economics: Amsterdam’s Green Recovery Plan - June 1, 2020
- These 5 cities are turning roads into bike lanes because of coronavirus - May 18, 2020
- Four Australian among the world’s top ten universities best placed to solve the world’s biggest challenges - May 11, 2020
- This is how South Korea is balancing getting people back to work and protecting their health - May 4, 2020
- These 5 cities are turning roads into bike lanes because of coronavirus - April 20, 2020
- What is Concrete Temperature Limit? - April 13, 2020